Harry Potter A New Fate Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harry Potter A New Fate Forums

The public forums for HPANF.

4 posters

New Layout

Poll

Do you prefer the old layout?

[ 6 ]
    New Layout Bar_left86%New Layout Bar_right [86%] 
    [ 1 ]
    New Layout Bar_left14%New Layout Bar_right [14%] 

Total Votes: 7
    Sev
    Sev
    1st Year
    1st Year

New Layout Empty New Layout

Post  Sev Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:40 pm

There's a new layout in place which I logged in to today. I hate to sound picky over what probably took a while to code, though I dislike the new layout.

It's not because it's 'different' - I am really open to different ideas on how to set out the layout of verbs, chat, etc. However, this new layout is a little too... how can I put it... "in the way".

It's in the way. It takes much rearranging of windows to gain a satisfactory view. There are windows everywhere and just becomes a pain to navigate.

If you're looking for a change in layout, then may I add this:
    You should probably keep as much as you can "fixed" in to the game; basically, I don't have to open 2 or 3 windows just to see whom is online or just to check my stats. Keep it to one side; ensure a clear separation between the game and the verbs, chat, etc.

I'd also like to know others opinions on the new layout. If it's just me who has an issue I'll sit down and shut up.

Thanks all,

Sev
    Link
    1st Year
    1st Year

New Layout Empty Re: New Layout

Post  Link Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:58 pm

I hate having to click the screen before you can walk after using the chat box. It's really frustrating and it's the same with the 'Stats' box, it gives creates a more prominent opportunity for people to kill you whilst typing or checking your stats.

I also don't really see a need to be able to see such a massive distant around you all of the time, maybe a spell that could switch the screen from it's old size to the new size or something so that it has some form of obtainable purpose or something like that? Or simply just make it so that it's optional.

I like it but it reminds me of every game that MannyV has made.. I dunno his new key, EvolutionGaming or something? (Star Wars Evolution, Naruto Evolution etc.)
    Lavitiz
    Lavitiz
    Developer
    Developer

Post  Lavitiz Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:04 pm

As a player I'd have to agree that the window arrangement can be quite annoying. I'll be sure to talk to Rotem to see about toggling the modes from the way it is now, to a more "docked" mode. That way you can switch based on preference.

We'll see.
    Rotem
    1st Year
    1st Year

Post  Rotem Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:56 am

I am going to say it once.

I hate the current new layout too.

However, it is not anywhere near finished.
    I've decided to release it half way through so I can see what people would like to be added with it.

Basically Commands will not open in a window, you'll get on-screen buttons to work with.
    Backpack will also be added.

Eventually it'll look like any other MMO.
    It's just the more accepted layout.

I'd love to hear opinions about what's comfortable and how you'd want it to look.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content