Harry Potter A New Fate Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harry Potter A New Fate Forums

The public forums for HPANF.

4 posters

Level for Years?

Skystone
    Skystone
    3rd Year
    3rd Year

Level for Years? Empty Level for Years?

Post  Skystone Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:23 am

Okay, so TWC did a thing where if you get X amount of levels then you move up one year. For ex. Level 1 = Year 1, Level 51 = Year 2, Level 101 = Year 3, etc.
    With each year things started to open up, like at year 4 we could go to the bar (underage drinking lol?), and eventually we could get out of Hogwarts (nothing much happened after that though). So is it going to be like TWC or is it going to be something else, and will things open up to us the more we move up in years? I think it's good that things open us when we gain years. I like to think of it as getting older, for someone to be able to drive they have to hit a certain age. This blocks off kids from driving, therefore making them dream and strive about being able to drive. So I guess an example used in the Wizarding World would be apparating, in the book/movie Harry can't apparate until he's 17/a 7th year, so he has to wait that long before he's finally able to apparate. Until then it's looked at as a cool but dangerous spell.

Idk, I just slapped this comment with a random question now, hope it somewhat helps.
    Lavitiz
    Lavitiz
    Developer
    Developer

Level for Years? Empty Re: Level for Years?

Post  Lavitiz Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:13 am

I'm not sure yet. There are so many options. I don't like the level idea though. I'd be more interested in it being based off play time in game. Like...
    After X hours you gain a year.
    Or
    Every two months after character creation date you gain a year.
    Sev
    Sev
    1st Year
    1st Year

Post  Sev Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:19 am

Perhaps we could link year gaining to exams. I.e. pass your exams and you go up a year; exams occur every few months. Those who fail must retake the year.

I think there should also be separate privileges for students and graduates.
    FionaTheHuman
    FionaTheHuman
    2nd Year
    2nd Year

Post  FionaTheHuman Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:28 pm

I like Sev's idea Very Happy, every 2 months or so there are exams on a very specific day, and maybe people can reschedule those exams if they have other stuff going on? o-o, like a late exam day for the busy folks? o3o

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content