Harry Potter A New Fate Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harry Potter A New Fate Forums

The public forums for HPANF.

4 posters

Item Suggestions

Lavitiz
    Lavitiz
    Developer
    Developer

Item Suggestions Empty Item Suggestions

Post  Lavitiz Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Alright, I want to add new items to the game for the next update so you have stuff to toy with.

So far, I just made a smoke pellet.

Name off some simple items that might be cool. Nothing too big just yet.
    Skystone
    Skystone
    3rd Year
    3rd Year

Item Suggestions Empty Re: Item Suggestions

Post  Skystone Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:30 pm

Scrolls - Very Nice for people who just like scrolls.

Remembrall - For Quests (if there are quests in the next update).

Brooms - Quidditch, Quests, Cool...

Hand of Glory - Allows only the user to receive light, would be good in stealth situations. Would also be a good way to get through smoke pellets without letting others know you're there.

Maybe give three of the Deathly Hallows to three people if they choose to accept them. Also I would suggest that the Deathly Hallows drop if someone kills them (if that's not too complicated...). Might work similar to Dean's idea: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Food and Drink Items (if Hogsmeade is opening soon), basically Butterbeer, Pumpkin Juice, and Firewhisky for the drinks and maybe turkey, pumpkin and maybe salad. If you're thinking about Honeydukes Markus has a lot of ideas and icons planned for it.

Maybe some basic potions that we can buy: Healing Potion/Wiggenweld Potion- Good for healing us and all could also have a repel sleeping affect, Swelling Solution- pour it into a food item and the person who eats it will swell up, just to name a few...

I'll edit it if I think of more...

I think Hand of Glory, Brooms, and Scrolls are the best out of the bunch (Hand of Glory is a bit complicated, but it would be cool).

Last edited by Skystone on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:27 am; edited 7 times in total
    Natdaniel
    1st Year
    1st Year

Post  Natdaniel Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:55 am

Deluminator - Switches street lights on/off for 5 to 10 seconds.

Floo powder - Used in fireplaces to go to DA and NOT walk the painful path down to the station.
    Jace
    1st Year
    1st Year

Post  Jace Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:57 am

So building on Nat's idea I can think of a few simple ideas that together seem like a more complex system.
    Basically being able to turn a torch or candle on or off, and a light on and off.
    To make it more complex you can have spells that turn lights on and off, the delluminator, lumos from a wand etc.
    You can make torches light when inflamari or other fire spells hit them, and go out when water spells hit them.

I'm not sure if you removed the night and day feature from the game but maybe you can only set it for certain areas and just make sure there are lots of light sources around.
    Skystone
    Skystone
    3rd Year
    3rd Year

Post  Skystone Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:03 pm

I really like the Day and Night cycle...

I think lighting affects could affect gameplay in good ways, as long as it functions well. Some good things that could happen:

Ex. Cool Fights, Infiltration, Surprise attacks, etc.
    Lavitiz
    Lavitiz
    Developer
    Developer

Post  Lavitiz Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:25 am

Thanks for all the replies.

Scrolls were already added.
    Smoke Pellets were added for the next update and are fully functional. However they will be bought from staff until I make some adjustments that will prevent spamming. It's a pretty intense item but can be abused if used in excess.
    Deluminator is being worked on. There are a few complications, but we'll work on it.
    The day and night cycle was readded, however it'll need some tweaks to make it more realistic and to optimize how it's mapped.

All of these ideas are great. This is my reference I'll be using when I add new items. Keep them coming. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:02 am